The optimal functioning of the human body is dependent on 7 aspects. We call them Performance Areas. Performance areas are tangible indicators of your health that indicate how well your body is functioning. The 7 health performance areas include:
- Energy: Our bodies require energy for every single process. Insufficient energy can cause you to feel exhausted all the time. You may not be able to complete basic activities without feeling worn out. To truly thrive, energy is a core requirement.
- Sleep: A lack of sleep will make you lethargic. Sleep allows your body and mind to recover from daily wear and tear. Without enough sleep, the brain cannot function properly. For a fulfilling life, getting enough sleep every day is essential.
- Mood: Mood is the current state of your mind. Your mood can affect everything from your self-confidence to your work and your relationships. A bad mood can cast a shadow on your day. Conversely, the right mood can make everything about your day better.
- Immunity: This performance area is about your body’s ability to stave off infection and fight off sickness. Having low immunity would put you out of action as it could cause frequent bouts of sickness.
- Fitness: This is a measure of your physical health. Being physically fit and healthy can empower you to conquer your daily tasks without feeling exhausted at the end of the day and recover faster.
- Cognition: Cognition is the ability to take in information from the surroundings and make sense of it. Poor cognitive health can get in the way of performing everyday activities efficiently. Healthy cognition is key to a good life.
- Metabolism: This is the process through which your food converts into energy. The rate of metabolism is important to be energetic throughout the day. A healthy metabolism can assist you in your journey for an optimally healthy life.
We believe that these 7 areas form the bedrock upon which you can build a life with optimum health. Let’s explore the ways you can improve your performance, diving deeper into each area.
How can you improve your performance areas?
Understanding your current health is the first logical step. Although there are several ways for evaluating performance, only a few of them provide functional results. Blood tests are a definitive test of your body’s functioning.
However, standard lab blood tests have some shortcomings. ElevateMe goes beyond standard blood tests.
For starters, standard blood tests use reference ranges to evaluate results. We use optimal blood ranges so that your scores are in comparison with the healthiest of individuals.
Second, standard blood tests are hard to decipher. At ElevateMe, we show the impact of your blood tests on your performance areas. That way you know that Vitamin D and LDL Cholesterol play a part in your energy levels. Your blood tests now have context.
Last but not least, our health algorithm gives you hand-picked recommendations to help improve your health. All recommendations to improve performance areas can be broadly put into three groups: Lifestyle, Nutrition, and Supplements.
Let’s take a closer look at each of the 7 performance areas and learn how we can measure, track, and improve them.
We burn roughly 2000-2500 calories a day1. Your body needs to be working efficiently to produce this energy from the food we eat. If it doesn’t, you will feel exhausted.
It’s normal to feel a little tired occasionally. However, if you are exhausted quite often, there’s probably an underlying issue – and the solution isn’t more sleep. Many lifestyle and medical factors can have an impact on our energy levels.
Research has shown that sleep can reduce stress levels10. It allows the body and brain to recover during the night. A good night’s sleep can ensure that you wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and alert for the day. The processes that take place during sleep promote healthy brain activity and the maintenance of good overall health.
Good emotional health allows you to cope with stress and issues that are a normal part of life. You can form strong relationships and feel confident about yourself.
It is important to notice and understand your own thoughts and emotions because they have an impact on your performance.
A good immune system is the first line of defence against harmful substances, and pathogens that could make you ill. Illness is an undesirable pit-stop on the path to optimum wellness.
Perhaps the most identifiable trait of an optimum life is fitness. And it’s a valid association. Fitness levels have a direct impact on the rest of the performance areas. Fitness is usually the first performance area of your life that you take control of when you begin your journey towards optimum wellness.
The ability to think rationally, learn new information, and make quick connections between different ideas is nothing short of a superpower. Cognition enables you to remember, use reason, make decisions, and use language to communicate. With perfect cognition, you won’t have any trouble thinking, learning, or remembering. And being smart, to an extent, is a conscious choice.
You’ve probably heard people blame their weight on a slow metabolism, but what exactly does it mean? In simple terms, metabolism is the internal process by which your body expends energy and burns calories.
It works around the clock to keep your body moving, even when you’re resting or sleeping. Metabolism is the process that converts the food and nutrients you eat into the energy your body requires for all life processes.
ElevateMe and You
Blood tests are a terrific way to tell if you’re in good health. With the help of our intelligent health algorithm, we offer personalised action plans that best suit your needs. After only a few weeks, you’ll see a difference in your blood test results.
ElevateMe is much more than just a fitness and health program. With the help of our performance categories, we not only cover a wide range of markers for your wellness but also provide you with a detailed picture of how one or more of these performance areas affect your well-being.
This is why your ElevateMe health app is completely tailored to you, allowing you to feel in charge of your health. We at ElevateMe want to offer you a head start on your path to true optimal health by integrating all of these components of your health and utilising our intelligent technology to understand how they are connected.
Sign up for an ElevateMe health plan today to get started on your journey to an optimum life.
Did you know?
Personalised preventative healthcare, where patients get a proactive rather than reactive approach towards preventing health issues, has been found to significantly reduce serious illness.
Take an ElevateMe blood test today to capture 21 blood test insights and track your sleep, fitness, energy, metabolism, cognition, mood, and immunity.